Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Bug In the Mirror!

Attention World:

The part of me that was open to disrespect and mistreatment is now closed forever.

Every day I see myself a little more for who I am capable of being. I Am My Best Self. And with each new experience, my best self keeps getting better.. and always will!

I am not someone who needs to take disrespect and dishonor from anyone. I can say no. I do stand my ground. And I reject anything less than what I deserve.

Hello world! My eyes may still be slightly swollen from the tears of last night, but I am seeing my reflection so much clearer.

When you are disrespected and then left in the dust, you have a choice. You can be abandoned, broken, victimized and alone. Or you can recognize that newfound strength it took to reject mistreatment, and seize the opportunity to walk on your own two feet.

Thank Life for seemingly devastating experiences. How would I make these leaps in my self-awareness without them? How else would I know my own strength?

1 comment:

Soul Funk Goddess said...

bug in the mirror is SO much better than bug on the windshield. =)

funny, how when we get the strength to stand tall, the people who inspired you to stand up and say "no" always aim to knock out your kneecaps.

you're right, there's a choice: choose the strength in the moment, or the weakness.

stand tall, chica.

and BITE THE FROG!!!